Banana Ties Recipe
- Ingredients for 6 people:
- - For the male banana
- 1 large male banana
- 0.4 olive oil (for frying)
- licorice powder
- - For the arraitxiki preparation (mixture of several rock fish):
- 200 g of clean arraitxiki (small rock fish such as: erlas, muxarritas or mojarra, durdos, chicharrillos, carraspios, maidens, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 g of fresh cheese
- 20 g of soy sauce
- allspice (if you don't have allspice you can use black pepper)
- chopped chives
- a tablespoon of olive oil
Preparation of the banana ties recipe:
- For the male banana:
Peel the banana and cut lengthwise as thin as possible. Fold in half so that a cone forms in the middle. Hold it with a stick and fry it in plenty of hot oil; When it is golden, take it out and carefully remove the stick as it can be broken easily. Season and sprinkle with licorice powder. Book in a cool and dry place.
- For the arraitxiki preparation:
Brown the minced garlic with very little oil, add coarsely chopped arraitxiki meat and saute all. Remove, let cool and add the remaining ingredients.
- Final and presentation:
Fill the cones with the arraitxiki preparation (at room temperature).
About the male banana:
The male banana is a fruit that is consumed exclusively cooked, without cooking altering its carbohydrate content (starch). Usually, it is cooked in the same way that potatoes and vegetables are cooked (cooked, fried, roasted, baked ...), and can also be used as an ingredient in certain soups. The male banana, in various tropical countries, serves to produce a flour that is used to make bread of high nutritional value, which is obtained by dehydration of the pulp.