Recipe of oxtail from Cordoba. Traditional meat stew
We are very familiar with certain usual cuts of meat, both pork and veal, but a little with some less known but that turn out to be a delicacy. That is the case of oxtail or rather oxtail, since the bull is very difficult to find. It has a meat attached to the bone that, well cooked for hours or in a quick pot is very tender and juicy.
This recipe from oxtail to the cordobesa is a traditional meat stew although it is usual to prepare it with oxtail. You will check what easy which is to prepare a recipe like this and I also teach you to cook it both in normal pot and fast pot, the latter is undoubtedly my preferred form for the time and energy savings it entails.
I also propose a very special way to place it to show that a stew can also be served with an elegant aesthetic. In this case I suggest you accompany it with two quenelles of homemade mashed potatoes, the quenelle is just the way to shape this type of cream with the help of two spoons, it is easy and it is very aesthetic. And of course sauce over the tail, do not miss because It has a taste of ... scandal!
If you liked this recipe, you will love the round of veal in port sauce, whose form of preparation is similar to this recipe and also to our delicious cheeks or pork cheeks with red wine or the beer chicken thighs with potatoes, which we have also cooked with this pot. Another traditional dish with veal that can not be missing in your recipe is the beef stew stewed in a gardener sauce with potatoes.
I also like to prepare other meats in a quick pot such as chicken, for example the recipe for chilindrón chicken That is a very delicious traditional stew. Of course pork is also great cooked in an express pot like the pork knuckle with potatoes, the potato stew with ribs or the spectacular pulled pork or American-style crumbled pork with barbecue sauce It is very juicy and tasty.
Ingredients for preparing pork cheeks or cheeks with red wine (4 people):
- 1.5 kg of calf tail. It is very difficult to find oxtail so it is common to always ask for oxtail. Ask to be cut into medallions like me or even larger pieces, as you prefer.
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 ml of red wine.
- 300 ml of meat broth or water.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 cloves
- Wheat flour to flour the slices of beef tail.
- Olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Preparation, how to make the traditional oxtail recipe of traditional Cordoba:
- Peel the onion and the garlic, wash the Red pepper and also the carrots.
- Now it's time to chop the onion, the Red pepper, the garlic and thecarrots (Although carrots you can simply cut them into slices). For this, we have used our manual chopper, with which we managed to have it all chopped in a few seconds, And without crying! You can also do it with a knife.
- Just with a few pulls we already have our onion list, and the rest of vegetables the same.
We use the chopper Chop Chop
Onion perfectly chopped in a few seconds
- Salpimenta the slices ofoxtail on all sides, pressing them a little so that the Salt and the Pepper They stay fixed. Put on a plate a little flour and lightly flour them.
- We are going to prepare the recipe with our fast pot, but if you do not have, follow all the steps exactly the same, only at the final cooking time we will indicate the time they should be cooking.
- Put the pot over medium heat and squirt oil. When it is hot, introduce the slices ofoxtail and turn them around and turn them around so that the meat is sealed and browned everywhere. Reservation.
Brown the veal
- Now check out vegetables in the pot and let them calmly poach about 10 minutes, without browning or burning, and stirring occasionally. The ideal point is when the onion is transparent. Check them out a little Salt Y Pepper to taste.
We cook the vegetables
- When the vegetables are ready, reintroduce slices of oxtail with him laurel and the cloves and water over with the wine.
- Let the alcohol evaporate, just a couple of minutes, and then add the Water or broth and start cooking.
We already have all the ingredients for the stew in the pot
You have two options, the slow and the fast (and it should be noted that both are equally delicious, there is no difference in taste and final result):
- If you use one normal pot, reduce the temperature to a medium-low point so that it cooks over low heat and cook about 3 hours, so that the oxtail is perfectly cooked.
- If you use one pressure cooker Like us, once closed and with the valve raised or indicating the two pressure rings, give it about 25 minutes (it will depend on the brand and type of the pot, but if it is not the old ones and it carries the two signals, it will be this time ), and reduce the fire as you see that the pressure is maintained. When time has elapsed, remove from heat and let the pressure escape only gradually.
- When ready take out the pieces of bull's tail of the pot along with the bay leaf.
This is the tail of the stewed bull after cooking
- Crush all that has been left in the pot since it will be the sauce. Try it to correct it from Salt Y Pepper and let it reduce to medium heat between 5 and 10 minutes so that it thickens a little more. If you think it is necessary, pass it through a strainer, although I personally have not had to do it and you can see in the photos what sauce has been more homogeneous.
Crushing the sauce
Time: 25 minutes of preparation + 3 hours of cooking with a normal pot, and only 25 with a pressure cooker (and just as delicious!).
Serve and taste:
The ideal is
It is important that the oxtail goto the warm plate and if you have prepared the recipe in advance, once the sauce is crushed, place the tail slices back in the pot and when you go to serve them, heat it all for 5 minutes over medium heat and that's it.If you have left over, you can store the tail slices together with the sauce in a closed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 Days without problems, and even freeze it.
Oxtail to the Cordoba. Traditional meat stew recipe
Serve it on the plates of the diners and water it over with the sauce, and even place a sauce boat in the center of the table with which it has been left so that each diner adds more to his plate to taste. I also recommend preparing a garnish, in this case I have prepared a delicious homemade mashed potatoes, I have shaped it with some spoons and it has been luxurious, also with a little chopped chives on top. It's about ... scandal!
I suggest as a side dish mashed homemade potato and well presented
Variants of the traditional oxtail recipe of traditional Cordovan bull:
You may change the type of winefor example a Peter Jimenez, which will give a very good taste to raisins and will make the sauce slightly sweet.
For him stir fried you can include other vegetables As the leek and the tomato and it will be delicious too. You can also modify the spices or herbs what do you use, adapting it to your liking.
Brown the veal tail slices at the beginning so that they are perfectly sealed and above all take that golden touch that gives so much flavor to such a dish.
It's a recipe perfect to leave it done in advance since once the sauce is crushed you can re-enter the tail and simply heat the pot again about 5 minutes just before serving it.