Clams with white wine
- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3.8 / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
- Fish and seafood recipes
Ingredients for Clams with white wine
- 1 kg of clean sand clams (the variety you like best)
- 150 ml White wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cayenne or chili pepper (optional)
- A little fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste)
How to prepare white wine clams.
One of the most appreciated bivalves are clams and in Galicia we can find several types, the thin one, the slug, the blonde and the japan.
Today I bring you one of thosefish and seafood recipes traditional Galician clams, wine clams.
It is a recipe as simple in its preparation as tasty in its final result. For those moments when we want to look good but we have little time, or just for when we want to treat ourselves, I create a category recipe.
One of the ways in which we can better enjoy a good Galician seafood is, without a doubt, cooking it in the simplest way possible.
This is why today's recipe is perfect to enjoy good quality clams, cooked with the least ingredients that do not mask its flavor, if not quite the opposite.
I recommend eating them raw or grilled, seaweed clams or with some noodles, to the malagueña, with some fabes, in a clam stew with potatoes, we can serve them in cold dishes or cook them with this sauce that I present today.
A good wine to cook and accompany the dish, parsley, cayenne and garlic, are enough ingredients to get a plate of fancy clams.
Before starting the recipe. Clams
- It is essential to remove the sand that clams usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- It is advisable to have them about three hours before cooking them in a casserole or large plastic container.
- We must add water, a good handful of coarse salt (50/60 g. Per liter of water) and change the water three or four times.
- The clams drink and usually drop enough sand, do not be scared because it is a sign that the clam is of good quality, directly brought from the sand of the Ría de Pontevedra.
- Try to buy live clams and cook them the same day you are going to prepare them. So you take advantage of the good quality of the clam and at lunchtime it will be at its point.
- To leave scrub, I advise you to open them in a little liquid to avoid greater evils.
- Some of them do not usually open and we will have to throw them, also those that are broken.
Preparation of clams with white wine
- To make them in the casserole, we wash the clams very well in cold water and remove all the impurities. We drain and wash the clams and reserve them.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them into small pieces. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and cayenne.
- We brown the garlic until we see that they begin to take color. It is important to regulate the temperature to prevent burning.
- Add the parsley, clams and white wine.
- Cook for about 2 or 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol from the wine and cover the pan, leaving an open corner.
- We cook until the clams have opened, prepared in their own steam. This process will take us about 4 or 5 minutes.
Once we have the clams open, we serve them at the moment and enjoy a first-class seafood dish.
You can see all the photos of the wine clam recipe In this step by step.
Tips for some clams with scrub wine
- This recipe is very simple to prepare although it is important to choose the main ingredients well: Clams and white wine.
- The clams that I used on this occasion is the japan, one of the variant that we can find in the levels of Galicia along with the fine, the slug and the blonde.
- This variety is, perhaps the most economically affordable, but not for that worse, I assure you. If we get a good amount, at the moment they are at their best point, we will be able to turn any meal into a party, a real delight.
- It would be perfect to use a good Galician wine for this dish, an Albariño or a Godello would be ideal, both for cooking and for the glass.