- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
- Desserts and sweets recipes
Ingredients for Lemon Squares
- For the base: 125 g unsalted butter
- 155 g flour (sifted)
- 75 g of sugar (extra fine)
- For coverage: 4 eggs
- 30 g wheat flour
- 250 g of extrafine sugar
- 60 ml of lemon juice and 1 small tablespoon of lemon zest.
- Half teaspoon of Royal yeast powder
- To decorate: icing sugar, powder
If you like it the lemon pie, this recipe you will love, one of my favorite desserts, lemon squares or lemon bars.
Its texture and the perfect combination of sweet and sour They are a luxury for the palate.
Desserts are pleasures that everyone expects in any celebration, in my case, I can't imagine finishing a meal without a sweet little treat.
In today's dessert, a soft dough at the base and above a delicious lemon cream, not very sweet, not very acidic.
A fantastic Anglo-Saxon recipe for breakfast or a snack. This lemon dessert is called "Lemon bars“, The term bars is that it distinguishes the“Desert bars”Or bar desserts, those that are exposed in most American patisseries and restaurants.
A mixture between biscuit and cake, with a smaller size, easy to eat and usually cut into squares or rectangles. The origins of this type of dessert seem to be in the 1930s, when chefs began baking more cookies on large flat trays.
The inspiration was probably the chocolate brownie, another popular dessert that usually comes in the form of a square piece.
As for the history of the lemon square, it is clear that it is not an easy combination of flavors, in fact, it was invented by a team of confectioners of the company “Betty Crocker Inc”In 1963. This company is a benchmark in food in the US and began its fame 1924, through the first gastronomic program made on the radio “Betty Crocker Cooking School of the Air”, a success among the housewives of that time. You see, a whole R&D team to make this sweet lemon dessert, strong and with a spicy touch.
When it is well done, the lemon squares can perfectly split the base cake and should be topped with a lemon cream or lemon curd, very similar to custard and decorated with a little powdered sugar.
Raise this popular dessert to high pastry, scrubbing levels. Have I convinced you? Well, to the kitchen, kitchens.
Preparation of the base of the cupcakes
- We will preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Next, we grease our mold and cover it with paraffin paper.
- The ends should protrude so that it is easier for us to unmold at the end.
- In a bowl we will mix 125 g. of butter and 75 g. of extrafine sugar. We beat it until it is foamy and acquires a pale color.
- To this mixture, we add, with a metal spoon, 155 g. of sifted flour (passed through the strainer)
- With clean hands, we finished mixing the ingredients.
- Press the dough on the tray and put it in the oven 20 minutes or until it acquires a golden hue and is consistent to the touch.
- Let it cool and reserve.
Coverage preparation and final presentation
- Mix the 4 eggs and 250 g. of extrafine sugar with the blender, until it has a foamy and light appearance.
- We add 60 ml. of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Let's sift the flour and yeast together. Then we add them, little by little, to the previous mixture, stirring with a spoon.
- We will see you on the basis we have prepared.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until it becomes consistent. Let it cool and sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate.
- You can put some peppermint leaves on top or some raspberries on each square.
You can take them hot or cold, but as best this is warm, a few minutes after resting the dessert. I'm sure you're going to love it, suckling.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the lemon squares recipe in this album Do not miss detail and you will get some cupcakes that will succeed between young and old at home.
Tips for a few squares of scrub lemon
- Today's dessert combines a delicate base of butter, sugar and flour. You will see that it is very easy to prepare.
- Above the mixture of lemon and sugar, among other ingredients, will give a super special touch. For its preparation I have prepared a tray of approximately 20 x 30, but you can use any mold you have at home.
- If your molds are round, then you change the name to lemon triangles and voila, because the important thing is to enjoy this delight, whatever its form.